Please note: this page is regularly updated and is current as of 7th of July 2020.
We have created this page as a central place for all the information regarding Exotic Weekend, including how we are responding to COVID-19. We hope this will enable us to have a healthy, safe and amazing Exotic Weekend of dance & connection in Berlin!
Will Exotic Weekend go ahead as planned?
We are very excited that Exotic Weekend will go ahead as planned, unless COVID-19 restrictions prevent us from doing so (e.g. hotels and studios must close). Currently, studios, hotels, restaurants and transport are all open in Berlin, so we are very happy to say that Exotic Weekend will still go ahead as planned.
What happens if Germany/Berlin goes into lockdown?
If studios and hotels are forced to close, or travel is stopped to Germany, we will postpone Exotic Weekend to a later date. If this were to happen, we would offer you a refund or credit as per the terms and conditions changes below.
Have the Terms and Conditions changed?
Given the ever-evolving circumstances, we have relaxed our payment and cancellation policies to be as flexible as possible, as follows. We want to give you as much time as possible to make your final decision, and to reassure you that if restrictions prevent the event from going ahead, you will not lose out.
- You have until 31 July to let us know if you will join us for Exotic Weekend, and make your final payment. If you decide you won’t join us, we will provide a refund or credit (whichever you prefer) of any amount paid, excluding your deposit which will be held in credit (no expiry) for a future event.
- If the event cannot go ahead due to Berlin pole and hotels being closed, travel to Germany is prevented, or you become unable to travel due to new travel restrictions, we commit to providing you with a refund or credit (whichever you prefer) of any amounts paid, excluding your deposit which will be held in credit (no expiry) for a future event.
We hope that this means you have flexibility and time to choose what is best for you.
What happens if an instructor cannot come?
If an instructor cannot come due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will let you know as soon as we can, and provide a replacement instructor of equal calibre.
Will the class schedule stay the same?
Because Muse Pole Studio is a large and beautiful space with more than 1.5m between poles, there will be no changes to class sizes. You will still experience 9 hours of class time with your instructors, with a maximum of 6 dancers in your group with you, on your own pole.
Are there extra hygiene, health and safety measures in place?
Your health is truly our first priority, so we commit to doing everything possible to meet and exceed the required health and safety procedures. Below is a list of how we will meet and exceed the required health and safety standards:
At the Hotel
- A 1.5m physical distancing is observed in the lobby as well as throughout the hotel.
- The elevators can only be used by a limited number of people at a time.
- The restrooms in the public areas can only welcome a limited number of people at a time.
- Team members are wearing masks at all time.
- Provision of hand sanitizer throughout the hotel.
- Public spaces receive an increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting.
- Simplified check-in process (we will provide the hotel with the required information before arrival)
- New breakfast concepts have been implemented
- Food hygiene and food handling regulations are adhered to.
- Use of high-grade cleaning products which clean and disinfect at the same time and are extensively tested and the EN (European Standards/Norm) registered broad-spectrum formulation that maintains the highest level of anti-microbial protection.
- Strict cleaning protocol after each departure and before each arrival.
At the Studio
- Please be on time for your workshop. Plan your time so that you are in the studio a maximum of 15 minutes before the course starts.
- Masks are required in the entrance area and changing room. You can remove the mask as soon as you have arrived at a place marked on the floor in the studio.
- Keep your social distance please! 1.5 meters between people in the entrance area and changing room, 1.5 meters during training in the studio room. When sneezing or coughing, please hold the crook of your arm in front of your face.
- Wash your hands after your arrival and before you leave the studio.
- Disinfect your poles and the floor around them before and after each workshop.
- A maximum of 3 people may enter the locker room at the same time. Therefore, please wear your pole outfit to the studio under your regular clothes if possible, or change as quickly as possible when you come to the studio.
- Our yoga mats are currently not allowed to be used. You can join the warm-up without a mat, bring your own mat or buy a mat in the studio. Our crash mats can still be used. Please disinfect before and after use.
- We will ensure the poles and floor around the poles are disinfected between each workshop. The entire studio is deep cleaned daily.
At social events
- At any social events organised by us, we will ensure that the venue adheres to the hygiene and social distancing requirements.
- During Uber and public transport trips, we will have to wear masks during the trip. For Uber, no more than 3 passengers can travel at one time in a vehicle.
- You are not required to wear a mask while walking in open air to a venue, or once seated, however, you must wear a mask when you enter a premises, such as a studio, cafe etc.
What do I need to do?
- To ensure you protect your health and safety and that of those around you, please ensure you following handwashing protocols and wash your hands regularly.
- You must bring mask/s with you. Prior to the start of Exotic Weekend, we will provide you with a specific list of times when you need to wear a mask, along with a specific list of times when you don’t need to wear a mask.
- Check your country’s travel restrictions carefully. Due to the diverse and ever-changing nature of restrictions, we are unable to advise on individual country’s requirements.