From the Heels Up
4-Week Exotic Foundations Mentorship with Jazzy K
Would you like to develop a graceful, sensual exotic style? To become a beautiful dancer you need to develop strong exotic technique – from the heels up.
In “From the Heels Up”, a 4-week Exotic Foundations mentorship with Jazzy K, you will develop strong heelwork, graceful lines and begin to understand and develop your unique Exotic style.
Who is this mentorship for?
This mentorship is for dancers with a little exotic experience (e.g. you have taken some exotic classes and danced in heels). Also suited to dancers who are starting to instruct in the Exotic pole style, who want to develop their dance technique further. There are no flexibility or “trick” requirements for this foundational mentorship program.
This is for dancers who value exclusive access to a world-leading Exotic instructor, Jazzy K, value personalised feedback and want to develop the best exotic technique.
Jazzy K (@jazzykpole) barely needs an introduction! Well known as a leader in Exotic Pole dance & instruction, dancers love Jazzy’s clear, precise, step-by-step instructions, breaking down the most complex movements into understandable pieces. Jazzy K is known for her effective teaching style, focus on technique, unique exotic style, super fun combos and choreographies, and her passion for helping her students become their best.
In this exclusive program, Jazzy will mentor just 20 dancers. This allows Jazzy to provide you with personalised feedback each week & to share all her secrets to help you create your own beautiful exotic style.
What’s included in the mentorship?
During the 4-week mentorship, you’ll enjoy:
- 4 x 75min interactive Zoom workshops (1 per week, max 20 dancers) including personal guidance during class.
- 4 x edited tutorials (1 per week), showing the key techniques & combos learned in class. Use this to practice what you’ve learned throughout the week.
- Personalised feedback from Jazzy on your videos every week! You will be able to share your videos privately with Jazzy, showing you practising what you’ve learned, and you’ll receive personalised video feedback from Jazzy to help you improve.
- 1 x Zoom Q&A (45 min) where Jazzy will answer questions you have about all things Exotic, from technique, to instructing, to music. Ask anything!
- A peer-to-peer Telegram group so you can connect with the other dancers in your mentorship program. Share and connect as you learn and grow together.
- At the end of the 4-week program, you’ll receive personalised written or video feedback from Jazzy, on your technique, your development, style and strengths, to help you improve your exotic dance into the future.
- A certificate of completion
- All zoom recordings and tutorials (8 total) are yours to keep forever!
You’ll also receive complete customer support from our team here at Indi Pole, should you have any questions or need anything at all during the program. We are here to help!
What will I learn?
Week 1: Heel Technique – Box Work
Would you like to learn how to use your shoe as a part of your dance, to create beautiful, seamless lines and flows? In Week 1, you’ll learn how to distribute your weight on the platform & understand how your heel can become an extension of your leg. Discover how to use the very front tip & the side edges and how to include these into your movements, making your dancing look more effortless and extending your lines.
Week 2: Flow through Waves
Would you like to look bendier when you dance & improve transitions between moves? Many of us have learned a body wave as a move, but in Exotic they are hidden in almost every exotic move! This week you will discover how to use your spine intentionally to create waves in different forms. This will elevate the quality of your movement, while you also improve your flow during transitions.
Week 3: Leg Swirls
Do you love the twirling, swirling movements seen on your favourite Exotic dancers? The movement of your legs using the rotation of your hips can increase the dimensionality and flow in your dancing immensely. In Week 3 we will look at different techniques to improve your range of motion and how to incorporate all kind of leg swirls into your dance movements.
Week 4: Heel Technique – Slides & Glides
Do you envy the way Exotic dancers slide over the floor and make it look as if they are floating? In Week 4, we will break down the techniques and help you understand how to achieve this. We will focus on improving how you use your platforms in different ways, and focus on incorporating these techniques into your moves. Let’s get you gliding like a figure skater!
**Please note you will need access to a pole to take part.
Your mentorship program will be held over 4 weeks.
Here’s the schedule for the live Zoom workshops (there will be 1 per week):
- Dates: 6th Mar / 13th Mar / 27th Mar / 3rd Apr 2021
- Time: Saturdays 5pm Berlin CET / 8am LA PST / 11am New York EDT / 2am Sydney AEST
- Please note there is one revision/catch up week (20th March – 26th March) where there will be no live workshop (this week is for consolidation and catch up)
- If you can’t attend the zoom workshop live, don’t worry. The zoom workshops are all recorded & available directly after class for you to keep.
The Zoom workshops are the only live component. If you can’t attend live, the zoom workshops are all recorded for you to keep. All other content can be delivered electronically so you can learn at your own pace. All workshops and tutorials are yours to keep forever.
Join now for just €349
This investment may be tax deductible if you’re a pole instructor.
Payment plans are available (50% deposit to secure your place, 50% due 2 weeks prior to the Mentorship start date)
I would love to take part in this mentorship, what next?
I still have questions, can someone help?
If you’ve got any questions, please reach out! We are passionate about our Mentorship programs & love to chat!